Family

Family

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Christmas 2012



Before we left for Utah Makena and I decorated the house and Christmas tree. Shea and I also took her to see Santa. The stockings are from my G&G Adams and have been in the family before I was born. Makena and I have one, There are one's for Shea and the baby. I just need to put their names on them. 

It was very nice to spend Christmas in Utah with both of our families. We were there for about three weeks and each week was full of fun things to do. Makena loved playing with her cousins and seeing everyone. Makena got a new pair of skates from Nett, Brett and the twins so they all went skating. It was Makena's first time ever skating and she did such a great job, by the end of the night she was skating short distances by herself :) I did not skate because I did not think it would be such a good idea considering I was due in about four weeks :)  so I watched and took a lot of pictures and videos.


Makena, her cousins and Shea found a huge icicle outside G&G Owens house. The kids were so excited and couldn't believe how big it was. Makena built a really tall snowman with Poppy and a little snow fort with him. The dogs loved jumping over the fort and Makena while she threw snowballs at them. It was really cute :)                                                                                                                      
Makena has always loved to wrestle and she got to do a lot of it with her uncles. 






Another fun place we went to was Scheels. The kids bowled, played in the play place, checked out the sweet guns ( Makena loved the pink gun). 



  They also went tobogganing on tubes and had a blast.



My grandpa read the story of Jesus birth (family tradition we do it every year) and my dad did an activity to help Makena remember the true meaning of Christmas. I am so happy to have these things be apart of our family.
Before Makena went to bed on Christmas Eve she left cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for his Reindeer. She said the carrots would give the Reindeer strength and energy so they could keep pulling Santa's sleigh :) She wrote Santa a note letting him know and he ended up leaving her one. Makena was so happy to find that note when she woke up. It was awesome to spend Christmas with my grandparents and aunt & uncle. We do not get to see them much so it was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment